Why hire a birth photographer? Well, think of weddings…
Generations ago, hiring a professional photographer for your wedding wasn’t normal. Someone could just take a quick photo, right? Now we know that you hire a professional because once the day is gone, your photos are priceless. The day your child is born is no different. It’s one of the most significant and emotional days in your history. When you hire me, I will document all the details and emotions of that day. Most of my clients tell me only years later how much their images have grown in value to them.
I’m a birth storyteller – not just getting one good shot – but a series of classic emotive images to tell your birth story. This is my specialty. Birth Photography can’t be explained, you just need to see it:
Natural Home Birth:
What I offer as your birth photographer:
- All of my birth packages include a complimentary mini-maternity session so your pregnancy to birth story is documented beautifully.
- My time on-call 24 hours a day surrounding your due date.
- My unlimited time & talent at your birth. False alarm? Not a problem. Long birth? I’m there with you. Birth over a public holiday? If you have booked me, I’m yours for the duration of your birth.
- Boutique style, personalized attention. I don’t run a huge business on purpose. I cap my services to an exclusive 20 births a year. That’s it. So you know you are given the utmost in personal care and attention as my client for your birth journey.
Gentle Planned C-Section Birth:
- The option to purchase a high-quality cinematic film in HD of your birth story. Beautifully compiled with some videography and set to legally licensed music.
- Years of expertise as a birth photographer. I’ve been through all kinds of birth experiences and know how to respect your space, know how to handle complications and different birthing preferences. I was the very first specialized birth photographer and videographer in South Africa and have an excellent working relationship with birth professionals in this city.
- Your child’s full birth day coverage. The full story of their arrival in your arms and into your family. All the details and emotions. About half of my clients are actually second or third time moms who never had this the first time and regret it. They say the photos of their children meeting each other are especially important to them.
- I cover home births or hospital births, cesarean or natural births. I respect your birth choices. I stay discreet and out of the way regardless of how you are choosing to birth. I even cover adoptions:
- You receive all your images in both colour and black and white professional post-processing in high-resolution printable format and web-ready format.
- Quick turn around. I believe you shouldn’t be waiting for such emotional images. I pride myself in delivering them to you within 3-4 weeks.
- I am an accredited member and co-founder of the South African Birth Photographer Association so I am qualified as a professional birth photographer to the utmost standards of excellence.
- Free and no pressure at all pre-birth consultation where you can see if I’m the right fit for your birth team. I believe this aspect matters!
Get in touch with me for package & availability information. I know you might have concerns or want this but your partner isn’t sure. Let’s discuss those at your free consultation. This only happens once. Let’s capture your baby’s birth day.
Natural Hospital Birth: